Monday, October 15, 2007

7 months later..

Assalamu 3alaykum

So yes, it's been a while! The year is almost over, the year that feels like one of the fastest in my life. I have a feeling this trend will only increase though. Ramadan has come and gone, I know I could have made so much more use of the blessed month. I guess it's not as easy as everyone makes it out to be, you really need to put in the effort. Best part is, you do feel the blessing in it mashaAllah. The third day of Eid has passed as well, Eid Mubarak to all the Muslimeen out there. May Allah accept our deeds, ameen.

Not much has been happening on my end, and my life hasn't really changed that drastically. Reading through my old posts I do have a *few* updates. Such as going into my teaching degree, alhamdulilah it was a good decision and I'm really glad I'm enjoying it. Only 3 more years to go inshaAllah. As for me going to the gym, I admit that I have slacked off and wasted a good amount of money by not going. It's unbelievable how easy it is to stop going, I feel really guilty. I need more motivation, big time. Hopefully I'll be going again soon! Or else my parents are going to kill me. :P

So yeh what else, I've thought about this blog a bit recently. I needed that avenue to let out my lovely thoughts. Eventually, no matter what you friends say, it does get boring hearing someone constantly whinge about their boring life. Ok, so I admit I'm not that bad and I don't complain that much but still, I hate being the friend who just talks about herself all the time. So this way, I'm only expressing my thoughts to those who are in the mood to know. Make sense? I hope so! lol

I got really annoyed today, maybe it's because I have so many high expectations of those around me. Especcially those whom I look at and think are so "wise" and "religious". Possibly another reason backbiting is haram, when you find out certain things about people even though they are true it really changes your whole perception about them and people who seem like them too. It's really sad, and although I try not to care about how others handle their life, I can't help it. I just think, what if that were me? Why did they do that? It even gets to the point that my friends point out I shouldn't be concerned, yet for some reason I feel I am. These are my brothers and sisters in Islam, despite how well I might or might not know them. Maybe it's here that I can learn from their mistakes even though one learns best from their own.

It's been a huge year though, so many people have gotten married, divorce, had children and died.. You look back and think, wow! In one way or another it does affect who we are and does play *some* influence in our lives. Like when your friends get married or engaged and even divorced. I hate divorce, and I make du`a that I am never put in such a trial in my life. Not because of anything in particular, but I've seen what it has done to so many people around me. Be it one of the spouses or most importantly the children of the couple. Marriage is so serious, but today I see it as a process which isn't given as much thought as it should be and people are just doing it for the sake of it.

Then again, maybe that's just one's naseeb. Does anyone really get into a marriage knowing they will get divorced. You sign that paper knowing you're going to spend the rest of your life with that person, the last thing you want is to have to leave each other, right? Or am I wrong. Are they the intentions of our fellow brothers and sisters seeking marriage? I'd like to hope so..

Is it bad wanting to find the partner right for you, or as a female letting that partner find you? Ofcourse not, then why does it seem so. I wouldn't have a clue. Maybe it's not the case, and maybe it is. Depends on the culture you're from I guess. It can be like that in mine though.

I know I haven't made up for 7 months of posting, but inshaAllah I'll keep this lovely blog in mind more often. It's been good speaking to myself, or anyone out there reading. If you are reading, don't hesitate to comment or keep on reading. InshaAllah I won't take too long posting again.

Till next time, take care.
wassalam..

1 comment:

Quest said...

Yeah it's hard to keep a blog frequently updated if you're not sure whether anyone reads it or cares.

You commented on my blog though, and so now I know about yours! And I find it interesting, so at least you got one committed reader!

That's a good way by the way of publicizing your blog -- comment on other popular blogs. People will click on your link, and if they find your blog interesting, they'll keep coming back.

I hear ya about the gym. Try integrating exercise into your daily activities. For example, take the stairs instead of the elevators.

Another thing you can try is to hold back the things you like, such as a nice dinner, and use them as reward for doing the hard things like exercising. i.e. put a carrot at the end of a stick and hold it out in front of you! :-)

As for marriage and divorce, and whether people who went through divorce could ever predicted that...my theory is that as long as a couple has open communication and the same core Islamic values, then they'll have a lasting marriage. Sure, like any marriage, there will be hardships, but these two things will help overcome them.

Anyways, I like how you think and then pick your thoughts apart. Keep writing.