Friday, November 30, 2007

Divorced V's Single Forever

Two of my worst fears.

My parents are addicted to the Arab satellite channels, which I've gotten around to watching after months of refusing to since I missed watching normal Tv shows. After a certain Musalsal (arab series) my mother and an Aunt of mine spoke of this very topic, getting divorced or remaining single.

What's better according to them? Being divorced.

That freaked the hell out of me, though I'd prefer to go through neither, (inshaAllah!) they were so normal about it. Both noticed the look on my face as I must have turned yellow or something.

Apparently being divorced is better, since you atleast get to experience going through a relationship (perhaps having children?) despite it coming to an end.

I think it's the idea some Arabs have in their head. Single is bad. So as long as you've been married before no-one can talk about you. Like that's possible!

Maybe it is better, I just wasn't expecting it.

And no, I'm not paranoid about divorce. It simply scares me! But then so does staying single forever. 8)

Ok I'm over it now.. It did have me thinking though. If you don't find anyone who seems suitable and meets all or most of your criteria, marry anyone? Better than remaing single forever eh? Hmm I guess you never know.

No comments: